Every retailer is different, and in most cases every store is different, from the obvious variations of culture and taste in an international portfolio, the clear operational issues between directly owned stores and wholesale partners, to the more subtle challenges of different store manager personalities and store personnel attitudes.
All this requires retailers to create and apply a wide-range of guidelines, tools and processes to get the very best from every store situation – the VMToolkit
VMTookit & operations efficiency benchmarking
Having the correct VMToolkit ensures that ROI is focused on creating excellence and efficiency in the disciplines of store VM operations and support functions that make a difference to your business, your stores and your customer.
the lack of the correct guidelines, processes and skills will result in inconsistent, unattractive and under-performing stores where staff become disengaged and unresponsive.
- what tools should I have to improve my VM operations and store sales performance?
how can I improve the collaboration between head office buying and store selling teams?
what structure, skills and responsibilities should I have for my VM operations team?
how do I identify and improve issues that hold back store delivery and sales such as space planning, assortment structure, allocation & replenishment?
which VMToolkit offers me the best ROI?
This is how we help… VMToolkit & Operations efficiencies
“How can I improve store operations efficiency, processes and performance through the adoption of an appropriate store VMToolkit delivered in the most practical and cost-effective way?”
Assessment of the current processes, procedures, timings and tools in delivering efficient, attractive and commercially successful stores
- assessment of the organisational structure, roles and responsibilities
- assessment in the chain of processes from product design to store display
- individual analysis of product design, buying & merchandising, space planning, store grading and allocation, logistics and delivery to stores, visual merchandising operations, store operations, sales & service, staff training
- action plan priorities for adopting best practice Store VMToolkit – VMmanuals, dynamic guidelines, formal training academies, store plans, retail calendar, dynamic communication, informal store training, Event “war-chest,” store props and fixtures “war-chest,” daily, weekly rules & regimes
- action plan priorities for organisational structures
- assessment of assortment structure and product collection
- Identify weaknesses and quick improvements in the organisational processes, structure timings and tools
- Identify decisive actions to improve store sales and efficiencies
- Identify better ways to integrate buying & merchandising with store display and vm
- Energise VMoperations to link HQ to stores
- Employ and improve priority elements of the VMToolkit that will return maximum ROI
- Effect customer facing elements most important to your proposition and customer USP
- Identify opportunities to improve your assortment through the store delivery
- Detailed interviews with head office department heads including buying & merchandising, supply chain & logistics, space planning, marketing, store operations, vm operations and HR training
- Analysis of operational processes, schedules and documentation
- Detailed interviews of regional & store managers and sales personnel
- Store visits with delivery of assortment and customer experience assessment
- Analysis of available market research and customer focus groups
- Analysis of store performance KPIs related to store delivery
- re-schedule hourly and daily tasks to generate quick-win sales
- initiate re-merchandising process to invigorate stores
- activate dynamic store communication and training
- collect and corroborate store capacity data
- identify store VM champions
- fast-track training both remotely and by store cluster
- re-cluster stores by issue and not be geography
- re-assess allocation and replenishment strategy