Discover a unique approach to remote retail training usingcameras & technology to link store personnel with centrally located training specialists.
manage widening geographical store portfolios group & train stores by skills-need not geography control consistency with franchise partners reduce field expense, travel time & costs deliver instruction with cost-effective compliance educate efficiently with ongoing informal training – bridging the gap between essential training and the necessity to reduce costs
What is remote retail training?
Remote training uses store cameras, tablets and smart phone technology to link the sales personnel in the store directly with centrally located training specialists.
Combinations of cameras & tablets with 2 way sound allowreal-time interactive training sessions. The cameras can be focused on important areas of the storefor training, and with wide fields of view and zoom facilities for store-wide compliance and maintenance. Training modules are developed and are tailored to the needs of individual stores and store clusters, fully interactive & hands-on
Which kind of remote retail training?
- Remote training is ideal for all store based disciplines
- Store personnel are trained whilst on their own shop-floor.
- All training is therefore absolutely relevant and actionable.
- Visual merchandising skills, disciplines & practices
- Visual merchandising store layout awareness training
- Visual Merchandising store moves & monthly, weekly, daily product changes
- Visual Merchandising compliance and correction
- Communication & Demonstration of new product information, features and benefits
- Store operation tasks, procedures & processes Customer service skills training & demonstrations
Why the growing importance of store based training?
- Store based training has become more practical & cost effective as store portfolios have grown more dispersed and store demographics and assortment grading more diverse
- In modern retail, high speed consumer & product dynamics have made formal, classroom based training cumbersome and quickly outdated, whilst ongoing informal training has become more efficient and relevant.
- In this diverse, dynamic market – “education & informal training” has become more effective and successful than“rigid instruction & compliance!”
Paradoxically as it becomes harder to communicate to, and control, a wider variety of store situations, it has become more important than ever to do so, to create brand consistency and increased commerciality across them.
Store Geography, Diversity & Retail Dynamics
The three fundamental reasons why on-going store based training is becoming the most effective and practical way of training staff. VMRemote makes this training option viable by ensuring training is more dynamic, more focused & more customised than ever, whilst significantly reducing cost.
The VMRemote Process
- Analyse store training needs
- Grade & Cluster stores by training needs
- Develop & adapt training materials for remote training
- Adopt best combination of training technologies, cameras, tablets to meet objectives and for compatibility with existing technology & resources.
- Define new training roles, responsibilities & processes
- Revise field training & compliance team structures
Take a look at the VMblue-touchpaper no.6
“Remote training” revolutionise retail training, radically reduce costs. Why store-based training? Widening store geographies, diverse environments & increased retail dynamics
introduction: What is remote training? Remote training uses store cameras, tablets and smart phone technology to link the sales personnel in the store directly with centrally located training specialists.
Combinations of cameras & tablets with 2 way sound allow real-time interactive training sessions. The cameras can be focused on important areas of the store for training, and with wide fields of view and zoom facilities for store-wide compliance and maintenance. Training modules are developed and are tailored to the needs of individual stores and store clusters, fully interactive & hands-on.
If you would like to contact us about remote retail training, tools and retail processes and improving any of these areas within your business, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
+44 (0)7967 609849