Visual Merchandising Training has always been important for retailers.
It just got more-so!
- To ensure the store is visually attractive
- To ensure that individual products and product groups are located correctly for maximum sales
- To ensure visual consistency across stores for a strong brand
- To ensure daily/weekly tasks are performed
- To communicate product attributes, qualities and selling points, building awareness and expertise
- To train best practice customer service skills, sales communication, customer identification and interaction
- To create coordination & cooperation between head office & stores
The Knowledge Map
Why the importance of all store based training is growing?
Store based training has become more practical & cost effective as store portfolios have grown more dispersed and store demographics and assortment grading more diverse.
In modern retail, high speed consumer & product dynamics have made formal, classroom based training cumbersome and quickly outdated, whilst ongoing informal training has become more efficient. In this diverse, dynamic market – “education & informal training” has become more effective than “rigid instruction & compliance!”
- Do we have the correct skill-sets in our store teams?
- Do we support & train them to build & maintain “Perfect Stores?”
- Do we use training & VMGlue to integrate buying & selling teams?
- Do we create VMPeople with VM awareness across the company?
Visual merchandising is about people. VM-People is about everyone in the whole retail organisation. VM-People is about training & education, instruction & compliance
What do you train?
- Basic VM skills?
- display techniques & commercial VM awareness?
- Dressing creative displays and window themes?
- Awareness of the importance of daily/weekly regimes and processes?
- Store operational tasks?
- Management of store relays complying to VM Guidelines?
- Understanding of the product, the brand and a passion for product?
- Awareness of the market in which they operate, competition & opportunities?
- Knowledge of best sellers, assortment selection, unit depth, replenishment, merchandising?
- Identification of customer segments and matching product and sales techniques to the situation?
- Fundamental customer service skills & etiquette?
Take a look at our VMblue-touchpaper no.16
training the “heads & hearts” of retail Training has always been importantfor retailers. It just got more-so!
Why the importance of store based training is growing? What do you train? The Knowledge Map
Do we have the correct skill-sets in our store teams?
Do we support & train them to build & maintain “Perfect Stores?”
Do we use training & VMGlue to integrate buying & selling teams?
Do we create VMPeople with VM awareness across the company?
If you would like to contact us about visual merchandising training, tools and wider retail processes and training and improving any of these areas within your business, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
+44 (0)7967 609849