assortment structure & architectures analytics ensure that any retailer’s product offer is based on the most commercial fundamentals such as category structure & balance, price architecture, colour architecture and size architecture.
failure to analyse internally and benchmark externally the fundamental assortment architectures will result in a product offer that can never attain its commercial sales potential
What can we do for you?
- is my assortment correctly structured by product categories in-line with sales?
is my assortment correctly focused by end-use and fashion position related to sales?
is my colour architecture commercial with a correct balance of base, seasonal & accent?
do I have the correct price architecture with appropriate entry price points, price
ranges, average price points, most common prices & number of price points?
am I losing sales through missing sizes?
This is how we help…
12. Assortment structure & architectures analytics
“How do I assess where the commercial opportunities are in my current assortment structure, the pricing & colour architectures, the fashion positioning and the product design?”
A combination of commercial self-analysis and quantitative market benchmarking to highlight “quick-win” and “longer-term” commercial improvements in the assortment
- assessment of “The Big 10″ assortment attributes
- bestseller & worst seller reviews and analysis
- sales performance analysis by category and range
- competitor benchmarking of price, colour and assortment structure
- analysis of client and best practice assortment parameters
- analysis of client positioning on entry price, average price, exit price, price clustering, most common price and number of price points
- comparison of fashion position/end-use against sales
- comparison of colour structure, base colours, seasonal and accent colour
- analysis of size architecture and potential lost sales
- Identify in a quantitative way clear opportunities to increase sales & profit, increase % best sellers, retain margin whilst reducing markdowns, reducing % worst sellers and removing poor perceptions
- identify where to buy improved assortment structure
- identify correct price points and architecture
- identify correct colour & pattern architecture
- identify correct fashion position & end-use focus for assortment by category
- instigate “quick-win” price adjustments
- modify buying/product selection for upcoming seasons
- Interviews with HQ and buying & merchandising team
- Assortment reaction through customer research and exit polls
- KPI analysis by department, category and sku
- Best seller and worst seller product reviews
- Assortment parameter benchmarking – structure, architectures & positioning
- Quantitative and qualitative best practice competitor benchmarking
Aggressive actions (from a potentially long list):
- modifying important price points and communicating them aggressively
- re-enforcing through buying the correct colour architectures
- displaying forcefully and replenishing best selling colours
- taking price reduction actions against poor selling colour selections
- replenishing and displaying best selling sizes
- buying new assortment with the new correct parameters across all architectures
Check out more of our series of “audits, analysis, answers & aggressive actions”
Please get in touch. We’ll be happy to help & advise…
+44 (0)7967 609849