correct benchmarking and analysis of different international market trends in product taste, shopping behaviour and store delivery practices can successfully blend a strong brand with essential local initiatives.
failure to recognise differences in shopping behaviour across international markets will leave any brand’s stores inappropriate, inefficient and under-performing .
What can we do for you?
- how should I edit my assortment to appeal to national and local taste?
should I be displaying my stores with different densities and capacities?
what differences in local customer behaviour should effect how I lay out my stores, how I group my product and display it?
what differences in pricing and sales promotions do I need to consider?
will my approach to customer service, and the training I need to give be different?
This is how we help…
18. International store delivery customisation
“What should I consider and implement differently when I open stores in other countries – assortment editing & grouping, space location & density, pricing & promotions, display, store layout, customer service…?”
Assessment of current store delivery parameters in the retailer’s native country, benchmarked against same parameters of best practice competitors in the target country.
- Assessment of current sales performance KPIs across store areas, depts. and categories
- Prioritisation of store delivery elements that contribute to maximum sales & ROI
- Identification of essential delivery elements for brand proposition
- Benchmarking of destination country best practice competitors
- Analysis of other native retailers now operating in destination countries
- Identify differences in product “taste” and reflect that in the edited assortment
- Identify seasonal differences and modify assortment waves and clusters through time
- Identify the balance in different product grouping, coordination and categories
- Identify the correct display techniques related to local buying behaviour
- Identify local trends in store layouts and adjacencies
- Identify local opportunities and dangers in levels of store implementation and maintenance
- Identify needs and opportunities for VM tools, guidance and training
- Identify local store operations needs
- Identify local expectations of self-service and customer service
- Analyse client store sales performance and key deliverables in existing market
- Identify important store delivery mechanisms related to sales and brand image
- Identify opportunities for delivery in existing market into new market
- Benchmark best practice competitor store delivery trends
- Benchmark native retailers in new markets
- Identify essential trends to be adopted into stores in the new market
- Identify new delivery mechanisms with maximum ROI
- Identify essential “pitfalls” to avoid
- Identify support required in new country via social media, web and loyalty programmes
- Devise action plan for store delivery in new country
- Edit the assortment according to local tastes
- Calculate correct display densities and store capacities
- Develop in “mock-shops” new display techniques appropriate for new market
- Develop training and implement before store opening
- Revise windows, marketing and social media for new customer
Check out more of our series of “audits, analysis, answers & aggressive actions”
Please get in touch. We’ll be happy to help & advise…
+44 (0)7967 609849