Welcome to VM-Unleashed!
VM-Unleashed! is a retail consultancy. It is what it says …
“Accessible expertise: Helping retailers make the most of what they have!”
I’m Tim Radley and I started VM-Unleashed! in 2007.
My expertise comes from 25 years of working with, and helping, a wide variety of UK and international businesses with their retail. Some of those businesses are very well known international best practice retailers whilst others are smaller and evolving in retail.
For many clients retail may not be the main business but has become a growing and increasingly important source of income and a way to extend and communicate their proposition. This list includes brands, manufacturers, leisure and entertainment businesses, shopping centres, museums, theme parks, universities, airports, travel hubs, town centres, BIDs and almost any business where people and retail come together.
Visual merchandising, in its widest definition, is core to our work because we always aim to deliver tangible improvements to physical stores. However our projects, without exception, involve the integration of at least two retail functions to generate these changes. Retail integration of strategy, development, processes, organisation, culture and tools is usually the most important legacy we leave within a business – visual merchandising operations that allow retail to flourish and prosper.
Every client collaboration is different but these are our top 10 retail areas of expertise.
- Retail location strategy & physical experience delivery
- Store space planning & assortment structure integration
- Product story development & buying & merchandising
- Store layout & customer experience
- Store design investment & visual merchandising theatre
- Visual communication & product information
- Retail calendar & promotional integration
- VM toolkit, operations & retailer organisational structures
- Omni-channel, international store merchandising planning
- Internal retail analysis & external benchmarking
We are accessible to everyone, whether large or small because we are flexible in how we work and aware of what is most appropriate and efficient for our clients.
We work in 3 main ways – through workshops, through projects and through tools.
- Our workshops are completely tailored to our clients. They range from our classic 2 day VM Operations workshops, to any length, level of interaction and content focus. They are always interactive, personalised to the client including a review of the current business; they are both visual with current best practice and competitor reviews as well as expertly analytical with detailed strategic outlines and best practice processes.
discover more here…
- Our projects are equally collaborative. We make improvements to a business in its profitability, its efficiency, its expertise and its processes. We work on both head office functions, and the delivery of tangible store improvements, and on all the necessary retail integration in between.
discover more here…
- Our tools are a series of retail audits, analytics and benchmarking processes which can be carried out independently or as part of projects. They are quick, decisive and cost effective to implement. They can analyse internal client performance, strategies and standards as well as the quality and consistency of store delivery. They can also benchmark clients’ processes, deliverables and standards against competitors and best practice.
discover more here…
In all cases, essentially we are small, often just myself, with the aim to leave a legacy in a business through the variety of people we work with, the close way that we work with them, and how we encourage them to work together. Our improvements and our benefit, lasts long after we are gone.
Whether you are an established player, or a new kid on the retail block, we can probably help improve your efficiency, your expertise, your store delivery and of course your sales performance and profitability.
Catch my profile on LinkedIn…always happy to connect!
I look forward to hearing your questions, whether large or small.
Always expert and easily accessible.
+44 (0)7967 609849
We are international experienced, tried and tested.
Here are a few people that I’ve had the pleasure to work with…
Nespresso, Adidas, Walgreens, Ferrari, Luxottica, Marks & Spencer, Primark, AllSaints, World Duty Free, Rayban, Alessi, Carrefour, Camper, Cortefiel, Boots, Sainsbury, Sonae, Otto Versand, BonPrix, National Geographic, Flex, Gruppo Vestebene, Eroski, Coin, Oviesse, Bally, Sony, Clarks, Benetton, Orange, KappAhl, Imaginarium, Porcelanosa, Trucco and Ben Sherman.