DELIVERING CUSTOMER EXPERIENCES:
Even a best practice customer experience implementation will fail commercially without the correct strategies behind it. This situation has been reinforced by the complexities of omnichannel retailing.
At a fundamental level a retail business needs to be clear on how it will make profit. The opportunities for product sales need to be balanced against the threats of competition and the ongoing costs. We help to identity and quantity each side of the equation.
In a competitive market a viable strategy needs to include a brand proposition that can create an emotional connection with the customer and generate loyalty with the customer. We identify the correct brand positioning and demonstrate how to communicate that proposition through every ‘touchpoint’ with the customer.
More than ever physical retail outlets need to be in the correct location. Store portfolios, whether growing or shrinking, need to maximise either their destination appeal or passing impulse traffic.
A commercial omnichannel strategy is built on the seamless movement of products across digital & physical touchpoints. The physical coverage and destination experience should maximise physical footfall into sales whilst enticing customers to buy online at other times.
- Market opportunity and weaknesses
- Identification of current and future trends
- Competitor and best practice benchmarking
- Brand positioning & proposition
- Assortment structure plan
- Pricing strategy, margin and profit generation planning
- Buying & Merchandising processes & cost analysis
- Store operations & costs
- Organisational structures
- commercial market positioning
- customer demographic targets
- brand proposition development
- brand values & “tone of voice”
- assortment structure, brands and pricing
- visual identity, logo and branding
- brand culture, recruitment and training
- brand delivery – physical environments
- brand delivery – customer service & services
- brand delivery – marketing, events & promotions
- brand delivery – social media & CRM mechanisms
- physical location planning
- e-commerce territories implementation
- online market places and portals
- mobile commerce strategy & implementation
- cross-channel integration
- delivery partners and efficiencies
- click & collect, home delivery functionality
- returns options and costings
- logistics, warehousing & distribution
- cross-channel marketing & communication
- physical location planning
- traffic and customer demographic analysis
- location & venue mapping
- competitor distribution analysis
- store grading and concepts
- assortment clusters
- click & collect distribution
- click & collect/returns partners
- distribution & logistics
Customer experiences require integrated strategies & processes.
If there’s anything you’d like to ask about then please get in touch.
+44 07967 609 849